BBT Medical Harmonic Scalpel
BBT Medical Ultrasonic Transducer
The Structure and Precautions of Ultrasonic Scalpel
Ultrasonic scalpel is a high-frequency electrosurgical device, which is mainly used for cutting biological tissues and closing blood vessels. It has the characteristics of less bleeding, less damage to surrounding tissues, and faster recovery after surgery. It acts on human tissues to cut and coagulate, and will not cause side effects such as tissue dryness and burns. There is no current passing through the body when the cutter head is working, which has a wide range of applications in the operating room, known as the bloodless scalpel. Contact BBT surgery equipments company for more info!
1. Classification of ultrasonic scalpel
(1) Suction ultrasonic scalpel
It is composed of a host machine, a therapeutic sound head, and a suction device. It uses the cavitation effect of ultrasound to crush the diseased tissue or the tissue to be removed, and then suck it out with a pump to complete the treatment. The principle of suction ultrasonic scalpel for hemostasis is to destroy and absorb tissue cells with high water content while leaving the elastic and high collagen content tissues intact, so that the operation can be carried out under safe, low blood or no blood conditions.
(2) Cutting ultrasonic scalpel
It is composed of a host machine and a therapeutic sound head. It uses the ultrasonic effect and high-frequency mechanical vibration of the therapeutic sound head to cut and separate tissues. It is an ultrasonic treatment method similar to traditional surgical operations. It has a small knife head, less heat generation, and good effect in hemostasis. BBT ultrasonic harmonic scalpel can be operated in a small field of view, and is often used in laparoscopic surgery.
2. The structure of the ultrasonic scalpel
The main components of the ultrasonic scalpel include: main machine, transducer handle, ultrasonic knife head, and foot pedal.
(1) The host machine is a high-frequency current generator, responsible for providing stable ultrasonic frequency electrical signals.
(2) The transducer handle is the key component of the ultrasonic scalpel. The ultrasonic transducer in the ultrasonic scalpel is an energy conversion device that converts the input electrical power into mechanical power (ie, ultrasonic signal, higher than 20kHz). It is related to the effect of cutting, stopping bleeding and blood vessel coagulation.
(3) The knife head is connected to the handle of the transducer to cut and stop bleeding, separate and coagulate the soft tissues of the human body.
(4) The foot pedal has two pedals to stimulate the minimum or maximum power. There are also two buttons on the handle of the ultrasonic scalpel that stimulate the minimum or maximum power. The maximum power is mainly used for tissue cutting, and the minimum power is mainly used for hemostasis.
3. Precautions for the use of ultrasonic scalpel
(1) Before using the ultrasonic scalpel, check whether the blade wrench holder is cracked or worn. If damage is found, a biomedical evaluation must be performed before deciding whether it can be used or replaced. After autoclaving, let the blade wrench cool for at least 15 minutes at room temperature or soak it in sterile water at room temperature for 5 minutes before using it.
(2) It is strictly forbidden to splash or spill liquid on the generator, or immerse the generator in liquid, which may damage the generator and cause electric shock or fire hazard.
(3) Before pressing the test button and during system inspection, the ultrasonic scalpel must avoid machinery, surgical drapes or other objects. At the same time, consider that by-products such as smoke and aerosol may have the risk of causing cancer and infection. Adaptable protective measures should be taken in both open surgery and laparoscopic surgery.
(4) The equipment should not be stored in places with flammable anesthetic gas in which air is mixed with oxygen or nitrous oxide.